Friday, April 21, 2017

2015 CPBL Baseball Cards

I purchased 120 packs (100 for me and 20 for a friend) of CPBL baseball cards about a month ago and I am finally getting around to posting some of the photos of the cards. With the start of the KBO season I have been a little behind on getting any new purchases up on the blog.

Now on to the cards. I guess the best place to start would be with the price. With shipping from Taiwan to Korea the total came to about $3 USD a pack so it ended up costing me around $360 USD for my purchase. Each pack contains 7 cards and one of the 7 is for some sort of online game. Honestly I don't know much about CPBL cards except the sets are huge, there are a lot of different inserts, they contain non-Chinese players in the sets, and the cards look pretty nice. Another thing to note is that the 2015 cards were released in 2016. The cards are released behind the actual year for the CPBL unlike KBO cards that are released at the end of the season for the most recent season.

If you are a person that loves to collect insert sets, then CPBL cards are the thing for you because they have tons of different inserts and parallels. Overall, I enjoyed the purchase and opening the packs. The next thing for me to do is to get them all sorted and to try to find someone to trade with to complete the base set which is over 300 cards, but I am not sure of the exact number.

Here are some of the photos of the different cards that I got. Some of the scans are pretty bad since my scanner has been acting up. There is also one card (Ascend to the Throne) that looks strange because it is actually a kind of 3-D card.


Pack (Front and Back)

Base Card (Normal and Foil)


Forest Expedition Insert (#'d but I'm not sure what they are number to) 


Ascend to the Throne Insert (#'d but I'm not sure what they are numbered to) 


 All Star Legends Auto (#'d 26/50)


 Team Card (Part of Base)



2015 All Star Game (Part of Base) 


2015 Taiwan Series (Part of Base) 

Special Records (Part of Base) 




 Online Game Redemption (1 per pack)

AWB Winter Stars Insert Set

Checklist Insert Set

2015 CPBL TV Insert Set

Minor League Awards Insert Set

CPBL Draft 2015 Insert Set 

MVP of the Month Insert Set 

Baseball Girls Insert Set 

All Star Legends Insert Set 

Best Ten Insert Set 

Annual Awards Insert Set 

 Golden Gloves Insert Set

Rookie Insert Set (Normal and Foil)

No comments:

Post a Comment