Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Baseball's Best (야9짱) Series 1, 2, & 3 Box Break

Baseball's Best just released their series 3 at the beginning of November. I have seen the Baseball's Best boxes around for a while but I have never bought a box until this week. I have opened a few packs of series 1 and 2 that I got as free gifts in my internet orders.

All 3 sets follow the same format with a base set of 100 cards (10 cards per team x 10 teams) and 4 sets of rare cards that each have 10 cards per set (1 rare card per team). The total number of cards to complete each series set (base plus rare) comes to 140 cards and you are supposed to get 160 cards per box (20 packs x 8 cards). However, I have never gotten a full 160 cards per box, but I have been able to complete a couple of the base sets (series 2 and 3) with a purchase of only 1 box. I was unlucky with my series 1 box and ended up 3 shy of the complete base set.

Anyway, I decided to pick up a box of each series and I got them yesterday. Here is a breakdown of what I got from each box.

Series 1

Normal Cards: 137 cards (40 duplicates)
Kira Cards: 10 cards (2 duplicates)
Kira Gold Cards: 5 cards (no duplicates)
Gold Signature Cards: 4 cards (no duplicates)
Clear Cards: 1 card (no duplicates)

Total: 157 cards (3 shy of a full box and 3 normal cards shy of a full base set)

Series 2

Normal Cards: 139 cards (39 duplicates)
Kira Cards: 10 cards (2 duplicates)
Kira Gold Cards: 5 cards (no duplicates)
Gold Signature Cards: 4 cards (1 duplicate)
Clear Cards: 1 card (no duplicates)

Total: 159 cards (1 shy of a full box but a complete normal base set)

Series 3

Normal Cards: 139 cards (39 duplicates)
Kira Cards: 10 cards (2 duplicates)
Kira Gold Cards: 5 cards (no duplicates)
Gold Signature Cards: 4 cards (no duplicates)
Clear Cards: 1 card (no duplicates)

Total: 159 cards (1 shy of a full box but a complete normal base set)

It pretty much looks like you will usually be able to pick up the full normal base set with the purchase of 1 box (unless you get a box like I got). The breakdown appears to be between 137 and 139 normal cards per box, 10 Kira cards per box, 5 Kira Gold cards per box, 4 Gold Signature cards per box, and 1 Clear card per box.

I would say that they are a decent value (around 15,000 ~ 20,000 won per box) to be able to usually get a complete set of normal cards per box. However, trades or multi-box purchases will be required to complete full sets of normal cards plus rare cards.

You can take a look at the cards that I need to complete my sets here. Just let me know if you have any of them and we can try to work some deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment